Wednesday 31 August 2016

Mask of the day: The Body Shop New: Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask

Recently I have been trying out alot of facemasks and reviewing them  on here 
I am been tabling with a few names for these face mask features 

Face Mask Friday
Monday Mask
Mask of The Day

I would love your opinion on which you prefer


Now on to the mask!

The Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask  is part The Body Shop's  New Expert Facial Range which is 100% vegetarian and vegan an full of natural ingredients such as... Bamboo Charcoal, Green Tea leaves and Tea Tree Oil, these ingredients have amazing benefits for the skin, helping towards a clearer and healthier complexion. I love a good charcoal mask and I absolutely love anything with tea tree oil and green tea as they do wonders for acne prone and problem skin which I unfortunately suffer from.





I am using a sample I received from the Body Shop from using a current promotional offer. The sample had a generous a mount giving even coverage across the face. 

I cleansed my thoroughly as always before applying the mask, The texture was very grainy and went on like an exfoliator as I messaged it onto my skin, it felt quite rough was it was important to be gentle especially around more sensitive areas of the face.

It smelt amazing! very clean and pure scent. The recommended time is 5-10 minutes and I left it on for 20 minutes, as I've said in previous posts I like to keep masks on for longer usually whilst I watch an episode of something. As this was the kind of mask which is fast drying and hardens I didn't leave it on as long as I would've probably liked but long enough to feel i got the most out of it. Whilst on my face I did experience a tingling sensation which felt alittle stinging at first but did calmed down and since the product is so natural and as no nasty chemicals I knew it was nothing to worry about.


This mask is easy to take off, I would advise using a hot cloth and pat gently when rinsing off as it's quite hard and grainy.  This mask is also good for sensitive skin, acne, blackhead and generally problem skin, the tea tree oil and green tea are great anti bacterial agents which help fight breakouts and excess oil.

The result was amazing,  this mask works and helped to revitalise my skin, it felt very fresh, smooth and clean, my skin felt tightened and healthy, it also helped to reduce redness caused by my recent breakouts.

Overall I love it and I love that I had the chance to try a sample as I will definitely be purchasing this mask. 

Thank you and Thank you to The Body Shop 
#DaretoMask

 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment